Friday, April 23, 2010

Memorial Day coming up...

Over the next month I will post family recipes from those
in the family who have passed on.
Vivian gave us the poem above for the family cookbook
Carole wrote this for her.

I'M HAVING A PICNIC WITH JESUS TODAY

It's going to be such a beautiful day
I'll pick some flowers along the way
There's a clould over there I can see below
The parade has begun. I can hear the band go.

The floats are all so beautiful this year
So many people from Cadillac have come out to cheer
It was such a beauiful parade to see
The crowd has now moved to the cemetery.

The beautiful flowers are all in array
People are putting them on the graves to display.
I wish they would not be so sad.
There is so much happiness here to be had.

Families and friends are moving to and fro
To Kenwood Park some will go
Hey, those hot dogs and hamburgs sure look great
I can see apple pie slices on the plate....
It's getting rather late so I'll have to retreat
There are so many friends and relatives for me to greet...
Everything on the table looks so good
I brought baked beans as I thought I should.

I hope they don't grieve too long below
My love for all of them will always flow
Here comes our Lord... He's ready to pray...
I'm having my picnic with Jesus today.

Love
Your Sister Carole
Composed for Vivian Pinching who passed away May 14, 1998... Day before
Memorial Day

No comments: