Friday, September 11, 2009

Replections of the family

I have a few recipes in our family cookbook from a WWII cookbook.

We each sent a recipe in or gave a recipe from our fathers or mothers.

Many have sent died. This leads to many memories as we use the recipes.

Oyster stew was a special treat for my dad. I remember him happily

going to the store and picking up the Oysters for his treat. He would

make this rich recipe up and we would sit around the kitchen table

and enjoy and talk. I didn't have his recipe but feel this WWII recipe

was his.

Franks Favorite

1 Clove garlic, chopped, 1 sliced onion, 1 1/2 tsp salt. 4 tbsp butter

1 cup worcestershire sauce, 2 doz raw oysters, drained(keep juice to add)

1/4 tsp paprika, dash 1 bag oyster crackers, 1/4 cup grated cheese


*****************************************
Rub inside saucepan with garlic and onion. Remove steem. Then melt butter
in this saucepan over low heat. Add worchestershire sauce and oysters.
Heat until the edges of the oysters just begin to curl.
Add some juice for the richness
Add milk, salt, peper and paprika. Heat well ina serve with crackers.
Grated cheese was not in my dads recipe but the WWII cookbook has
put it in. Sounds good. I think I will follow Franks footprints and
gather my treat this weekend.

No comments: